Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

NYC

"New York... New York!" (Imagine the song playing...)

These last four days have been absolutely crazy with ending my teaching job in Rock Island, birthdays, and traveling to New York City! My best friend Chelsea auditioned for the Rockettes Summer Intensive camp in NYC and made it so she spent the week in NY rehearsing. My other best friend, Colleen and I were very fortunate to go visit her!

AND of course with New York city, comes fashion so I packed some of my summery and colorful outfits for our short adventure in the city.

Friday was the first day and was an early morning when I left the Chicagoland area around 5am. We had some traveling mishaps but Colleen and I eventually got into the city and to our hotel.

We "refluffed" and then went to get some pizza at a hole in the wall restaurant. On our way back, we stopped at a small market and got flowers for our wonderful performer.




The performance was wonderful and we were so proud to see our best friend up there dancing. After many photos and goodbyes, we headed back to the hotel to prepare for the first musical of the weekend: Aladdin

DAY 1:
White Pants//American Eagle
Black top//Loft
Jean Jacket//American Eagle
Pink Shoes//Old Navy
Necklace/Bangles//Charming Charlies


As Disney always is, the musical was amazing! We decided to follow up the night with milkshakes, cookies, and cute lemonade at a little cookie shop downtown.


Day two started early with a trip to get Les Miserables tickets at the box office (which we got at a pretty good price!) We then went all around the city including some shopping in Times Square, dinner and shopping at Chelsea Market, watching the matinee, and seeing a friend of mine from high school!

One of my favorite stops was FAO Schwarz were every child and adult's dream comes to life. If the giant teddy bears weren't enough, we visited the "dress-up" area, and the famous BIG PIANO.


(Notice my excitement as a future music teacher- I had just played a I-IV-V-I progression with my feet on the piano!)


The first part of the day demanded something light and comfortable with the miles of walking and eventually relaxing in central park. I wore one of my favorite blouses from Francescas paired with little coral scalloped shorts. Accessories included black Tommy Hilfiger shoes and gold accents from Charming Charlie's.

Shopping in Chelsea's Market was beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the beautifully dressed people. After buying some adorable hand painted glitter cards, we decided on a cute outside diner for dinner. Here I wore my new dress from Charming Charlies.




I have been blessed with such wonderful friends and am so thankful for opportunities to take such trips. I'd like to thank my dad for flying me out there and thank my friends for always being willing to go on an adventure. The entire weekend was wonderful but it was so nice to come home!

Next up... my 22nd birthday! (MY GOLDEN BIRTHDAY :) )


No comments:

Post a Comment