Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Welcome to the neighborhood!

My mother told me to bake.

Now before you already get confused, let me give you some background information.

Tony and I just moved into a new townhouse in which all the spaces have been recently built. So although we are new to the "neighborhood", so are 10 other couples! I felt strange living near these people and not really knowing who they were, especially since so many of them looked to be around our age!

My mom's advice was to bake something for everyone in order to introduce ourselves! So I tried to be as creative as possible with my very low level baking ability.

I downloaded some fonts onto my computer and decided to type up labels for the cupcakes (just in case they forgot) which included our names, apartment number, and our phone numbers.

Our neighbors loved it! It gave us a chance to really talk with them and we already have plans to get to know them better. I've always heard the saying, "Cook your way into a man's heart" but I believe you can also bake yourself out of awkward neighbor situations.


I am so thankful for the advice and was very proud with how everything turned out! At the last minute, we decided to grab some bottles of wine at Hyvee to spice up the gift.


With a hole punch, some card stock, and a gold ribbon, we made a cute gift for very little money! We even bought little bread pans for the dollar store to put the cupcakes in so the neighbors didn't have to worry about smushed cupcakes!


This was so easy and could be used for so many other occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, and weddings! Go ahead and try something yourself and see how your creation turns out!

This adventure has made me super excited about trying new things with baking and I can't wait to learn more! Martha Stewart watch out ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wine makes sweets even sweeter; great addition Ms Bruck! You've met the neighbors and Fall is around the corner...how about hosting a chili cook off and inviting them all to participate?!

    ReplyDelete