Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sprinkles and Sparklers


Happy Belated Fourth of July!

I know that I am a little late but I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend full of fun during America's birthday weekend. Today, I thought I would do an update on what I wore and did for the forth!

Now living in Iowa, I spent the holiday with Tony's family on the farm. In exchange for delicious free food all day, I decided to make 4th of July cupcakes in which there was alternating cake and sprinkle colors.


In addition to multiple trips up to get food, the day consisted of yard games, four-wheeler rides, laying alongside the pool, and more food. The entire day exemplified America as we relaxed, competed, talked, and ate. We ended the night with a wonderful firework show right in the sod field and sparkles for all the little kids (and myself of course- they're too much fun to run around with!)

Normally, fourth of July in the midwest would be about 95 degrees and sunny but last week we had a strange change in temperature and it was only about 80 degrees which felt just perfect. To adjust for this new weather and the festive day, I wore a blue and white striped strapless dress, my trusty jean jacket, and a pair of sunglasses.


The day made me reflect about being thankful for our freedom and the beautiful aspects of this country. Although there is much work to be done, there is no arguing that we live in a marvelous place of beauty.


Type in your email on the side to get posts sent to your email! Thanks and of course,


No comments:

Post a Comment