Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Welcome Week

I've dreamt about it, I've studied for it, I've thought about it, and its finally here.

The first day of school is on MONDAY! This last Monday I had my "new teacher orientation" in Peoria which was not quite as exciting as I had hoped. Today I had my first meeting as an official staff member and had the opportunity to meet all the other teachers. It was an overwhelming but great day.

Wednesday night, we have our "Unpack your Backpack" night in which students can meet their teachers and get settled in before the school year officially starts. Although the music teacher wouldn't normally get many visits, being the new music teacher at a small Catholic school means that people will come pop into my room to check me out.

In preparation for this night, I spent a few hours making a "Meet the Teacher" sheet, a "what you can expect" sheet, and an informational letter that students can take home with them. This post is going to be a bit short because I'm still busy decorating my room but come back to see my classroom reveal VERY soon!




PS If you want copies of these sheets to change and use yourself, just email and let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment