Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Top Ten Teacher Thoughts


       Happy Friday everyone! As summer is coming to a close, something special is to come. The NEW SCHOOL YEAR! This may bring many different feelings to people but overall, it is a joyous time. We get to meet all of our friends again, better ourselves through education, and pick out so many wonderful outfits and back to school supplies.

      My favorite movie of all time is "You've Got Mail" with Tom Hankes and Meg Ryan. If you haven't seen it, oh my gosh its time. Meg Ryan is a bookstore owner and loves everything learning related. In an email she writes about the "smell of a fresh bouquet of sharpened pencils in the fall" and that is exactly what inspired my blog post today!

     This year, I will be a first year teacher! I am thoroughly excited and cannot wait to start on this journey where I will learn SO much. Although along with that, its something new and scary and I already feel a little overwhelmed.

    Join me on my journey through first year teaching and make sure to share this with fellow teachers or student teachers! Have a wonderful day :)

TOP TEN things that go through a FIRST YEAR teacher's head
1. "OK great! We have the class list! Oh its going to change a few times? Oh YES I am the music teacher, so... yes I have to learn all 185 names (and fellow teachers) as quickly as possible for effective teaching techniques. OK right on it!"

2. What am I going to wear? (Yes students/parents pick out their outfits and you best believe teachers are too! Picking out a first day of school - okay week- its very important!)

3. Did I remember to pack my lunch? What do teachers eat for lunch? Sandwiches?  OH & I’m slightly afraid of the teacher’s lounge. Being the "new kid" sucks.

4. PLANNING PLANNING PLANNING. Just keep planning! (I have no curriculum set at my school and not any textbooks! Must get on that planning!)

5. Oh look! Another sparkly border for my bulletin board! (PS Stay tuned for my classroom reveal soon to come!)

6. If I have to staple or label one more thing, I think I’m going to die.

7. Being in schools alone during the summer is the freakiest thing ever.

8. How can I reach my students in the first week? I want to connect but how do I not overdo it?!

9. So what exactly are the school policies on… I don’t even know my schedule yet!

10. I have been waiting for this moment ALL of my life and it is finally here! Can’t wait to start the best and most stressful profession out there :)

Thanks for reading! Make sure to follow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment