Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Classroom Reveal

After many MANY hours of work and help from my wonderful boyfriend Tony and best friend Chelsea, my classroom is finally complete! I have the before and after pictures so you can get the full effect for how things changed. If you have any questions about my room, let me know!

 Here it is! :)
Before:


After:


 The instrument area (its going to grow throughout the year!)
    Before:


After:



 Before:


 After:

Although we don't need to write class expectations or goals, I decided to put key music words on magnetic paper that I made myself that I can easily remove and put back up. This way, students can look up at the board when they come in and know what to expect for the day.


 Before:

After:


 Seating arrangements: I got velcro and made little squares for the younger students to sit on. For the older grades, they have chairs that are numbered and correspond with the matching velcro color on the floor so the chairs stay in place and don't move around too much!


In the hallway leading up to the music room! The students love it & love touching the yellow brick road as they walk into music class.



My personalized and colorful teacher desk area! Behind me are the new music education core standards  so they we can easily refer to them and I can always reference them while lesson planing. I also have a "Ms. Bruck" section where I'm going to put pictures and info up about me as students get to know me. And behind my computer is a calendar as well as a spot for important papers and information.
I also made the desk skirt myself by sewing velcro on and taping some to the desk as well. 





Here's a look at my behavior chart (TPT) and classroom rules- they are working well so far!



Unpack your backpack night was this last Wednesday! I got to meet some of my future students and they got to meet me and see the new and improved music classroom!! Here a a few photos from the night!

There is still SO much to do and get but its a good start! A lot of students have already started to comment about the "pretty" room & that they want to come to music more now!

Thanks to those who helped! :)


3 comments:

  1. I love your classroom! I'm a first year teacher too. Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I still am working on it but I'm very happy with where its going! What grades do you teach?!

      Delete
  2. I'm at a preschool so I have toddlers - Pre-K. I'm at a loss with the younger ones, we mostly dance, but I've been having some success with the rhythm sticks with the 3's and the 4's have impressed me and have picked up reading rhythms and the names of the keys on the piano. I only get them once a week for half an hour, it's not much but they seem to like it.

    ReplyDelete