Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Falling in Love - Dressing for FALL Weddings


                                         Graphic Design cred to Lauren Verplaetse. Check her out at laurenverplaetse.com :)

This is such an exciting point in my life. I am finally old enough that the word "wedding" is now frequently used in my vocabulary. Not only am I going to weddings, but they are my best friends who are MY age! Weddings are no longer a time in the far future but a present time. 

Because of my little wedding experience, I have only experienced summer weddings. This year, I had the joy of attending my beautiful cousin's fall wedding. I was so excited to see her and her wonderful fiance since I grew up alongside her & I look up to her so much.

Although in the back of my mind, I have always thought... What am I going to wear?! So I did some brainstroming and this is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy and find that this is something you can use this fall.


When picking out a dress, color is the biggest thing. For me, I wanted a color that would match all the deep rich colors of fall that would be displayed at the wedding. I found this dress at my favorite store, Francescas Collections. I loved the rich emerald green color with the knitted texture. This dress was a perfect fit because its something I can easily dress up or down. Its something I can wear and teach in comfortably!


I decided to dress appropriately for the weather and wore black tights to keep my legs warm. I then dressed up my look by adding clear/gold jewelry& my black Michael Kors heels. I also got to use my new favorite bag from target that I also doubled as a camera bag that day!


When thinking about buying a dress for a fall wedding, get something that you can wear again. Depending on how casual or formal the wedding is, you may be able to get away with using the dress to create many different styles! 

Look for COLOR. Jewel tones look are great for fall because they compliment so many of the colors of the season. Make a statement with a green, purple, or red dress that will make you dance the night away in confidence. And as always, get a dress you feel great in! 

Model cred to my little brother: Aaron Bruck

Jazz up your look by having fun with sweaters, jackets, and coats that can add layers of warmth and beauty to the look! REMEMBER: Fall is ALL about layers. This counts for weddings too!


Thanks for reading and we'll talk soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment